Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jensen Takes on the COP

Hello! I'm here now in Cancun for the next week to observe the 16th annual Conference of the Parties (COP16), a climate change conference organized by the UNFCCC. Though there are many contentious issues being discussed at this conference, I plan on focusing mainly on issues related to sustainable agriculture and land use. This topic lends itself quite naturally to a focus on LDCs, as well as African and South American states, as well as to general issues of sustainable development, so I'll be looking at these facets of the climate problem as well. My time here will be split between observing negotiations and attending side events, so I should be able to report on a variety of issues and perspectives as they come up at the conference.

I'm so excited to be here! More to come in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment